Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Por qué?

I made this new blog to keep track of my trip to Mexico City in May. This blog will focus on my more international pieces...and bilingual pieces that I will and am thinking about doing... I will be updating this blog mostly during my stay in Mexico...but will keep my main blog current as well.

My class is leaving for Mexico in mid May and will stay there for almost two weeks. During that time, we will be doing watercolor paintings buildings and scenes in the surrounding area, as well as documenting everything in our journals and in photography. This blog will be very active, very soon.

I am an illustration major with a minor in Spanish, and in the future, I'd like to pursue a bilingual career (if I could ever muster up the courage to speak the language I am trying to learn). My Spanish professor, who is a Costa Rican native, says that I have great potential and speak well, but need more confidence and more practice.

Anyways...this blog is meant to document my trip to Mexico and to display my illustrations and my photography that deal with another culture other than my own. ^-^ I may post things in English or in Spanish...or Spanglish...or in both languages in one blog post....we shall see.

Hope you enjoy! ^-^'

No comments:

Post a Comment