Today we had our first breakfast at Hotel Catedral at 9 AM. Evan and I arrived around 9:15...
I don't think I want to eat breakfast today...I am sitting at the table in la atria (it looks like a conference room)... the breakfast looks super cheesy so I can't eat it anyway... I decided to eat bread and strawberry jelly... it tasted great. Orange juice full of pulp to drink...
I think Montezuma has visited me this morning... Wonderful... The three sick people are feeling better today..and it is a good thing too because the schedule for today looks pretty hectic...
- next door arcade--seekers of La Santa Muerte
- Zócalo (main plaza) ---hunger protestors-
--1968 Olympics protestors
--1994 NAFTA protestors
- 10-11:30 Palacio Nacional
- 11:30-12:00-- Casa de la Imprenta (printing house)
-- Posada's workshop & Tamayo mural
--Academia de San Carlos
- 12:00-1:00 -- José Luis Cuevas
- 1:15-2:15 -- lunch by the cathedral
- 2:15- 4:00 -- Interior
The prequel was on the left side with the Aztecs and other indigenous groups were depicted. In the middle was the main story of the history of Mexico... and then on the right side was the epilogue.
**Notes from board**
- Represents the institutionalization of the Mexican muralist movement
- Ideological premise here is that Mexican revolutionary history arises out of the conquest
- Synthesis of Mexican nationalist politics and post colonial cultural renaissance and concept of mestizo--not one or the other but often a conflicting combination of the two